Tuesday 22 July 2014

Waste not want not...

At the moment, I'm on my high horse about people buying everything new and turning their nose up at charity shops and 'old things'. Eventually we will run out of stuff and all those wonderful old things with a story to tell will be in landfill, gone forever.

Anyway, enough with the lecture! If you follow me on Instagram, you will know I can often be found dragging my poor husband around car boots, charity shops and vintage fairs. I've also taken to asking 'do you want that?' When I'm round various relatives houses.....

I love nothing more than finding something with a history, and knowing that someone once loved it. 

Here are some of my favourite charity shop and car boot buys...
























Some of these things have had a makeover, and some of them have been left in their glory. The man who sold me the spinning wheel is saving the chair for me!

My latest fave find from the deep dark recesses of oxfam are these 1940's annuals
So have a rummage, don't be afraid to elbow people out of your way and always, always haggle!! 
Happy treasure hunting, 
Sian 💕💕



2 comments:

  1. You are woman after my own heart!! But I am not allowed to bring much home! I have to sneak things in! Glad I've found your blog. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to sneak things in too!! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog, hope you enjoy xxx

      Delete