Sunday 15 June 2014

One woman's trash...

My dad found this deck chair which was being thrown out, and knowing how much I enjoy upcycling furniture saved it for me! I've spent a lovely morning in my garden listening to bees buzzing and upcycling my deck chair. 

So this was it before, the frame looking worse for wear and the fabric had certainly seen better days! 
Step one was to paint the frame: 

Spot my little helper!! I used the cuprinol garden shades in willow which is a sage green colour. It goes on quite watery so I had to use two coats, but at least it'll survive a British summer!! 
While the frame was drying it was time to make the cover and replace the stripy fabric. 
Don't get rid of your old fabric, use it as a template for your new fabric. I also sewed mine inside the new fabric to make sure it was strong enough to sit on!! 



So I used the original fabric to measure out my new, using this cath kidston material. I only had a metre of his and have some left over. Cut your material to size, then pin at the sides and the top and bottom. Like I said, I actually sewed my original fabric inside the new one to give it strength and durability. 






Then sew up your pinned sides and top and bottom, remembering to leave an opening at the top and bottom to feed through the chair poles! You should then have a rectangle of fabric with a casing at the top and bottom. Simply feed it on to the newly painted frame and ta dah!!! 
Cost me less than £10 with fabric and paint so a bargain all in all! Will look fab outside our new summer house which we are collecting next Saturday! 
Happy Sunday everyone, love sian 💕💕






No comments:

Post a Comment