Wednesday 18 June 2014

My sewing room

I am so lucky to have my very own sewing room, where i can keep all of my patterns, fabric and creations (and millions of works in progress!) in one place. It does double up as our spare room too in case friends stay over. 

It is my safe haven, where I can go to forget my troubles and worries, look at pretty things and get creative! 

So my essentials in my sewing room:

-a sturdy desk for keeping the machine on! Mine was a really boring but cheap one from ikea which I covered with a £5 piece of polka dot oilcloth and when I get bored of the design I can change it! 
-my ikea roskag trolley. These are quite expensive (£50) and I ummed and aahed for ages about getting it, but I'm so glad I did! It looks great, is really sturdy and holds all my patterns in one place.
-mannequin. I don't know how I ever managed without Ethel my mannequin. I can style outfits on her to see how they look, hem things perfectly and as she's my size can make alterations without becoming a human pin cushion! She was from eBay and was only about £25, well worth it!
-billy bookcase, another ikea buy. This was £10 and stores all of my fabric in one place. You can easily look at and select the fabric you need. 
-little pots and tins, these are just my personal must haves as I love to collect them and they're useful for storing buttons, ribbon etc. I also have some pretty shelves which I got from b&m for about a fiver to put pretty things on to keep me inspired. 







So I need to get sewing my next project! I'm thinking a smock style dress with a floral top and a denim bottom, watch this space!! 
Love, Sian 💕💕



1 comment:

  1. What a lovely sewing room, I have a craft room/office space which I have taken over and hubby has one small shelving unit and small desk in the corner for his computer!

    I buy quite a few bits from Ikea too, very reasonable prices and pretty bits too. I have the expedit shelving unit and a couple of pink and flower boxes for storage on them, it's amazing how much stuff you can gather over time!

    Love your blog so far
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete